Hmmm. I have been thinking about blogging for awhile. If I think of this as just a LOG, well then, it's not so daunting.
Have you ever read, "enter through the narrow gate"? Well, if you've tried to catch the Staten Island Ferry, ready to close the doors to the crowd going to Manhattan, you may have experienced the "narrow gate." At a certain point, they have to close the doors to the ferry terminal so they can secure the area and make sure it is safe to leave port. As the glass doors that separate the terminal from the ferry start to sliiiddddeeee closed, you see all the late comers scurry to MAKE IT through the doors. Now that's a real, visceral, feeling of the narrow gate. And if you've ever been on the terminal side, trying to make it onto the ferry, you know what I mean.
I'm always so grateful when the guys hold the doors for me to get through!
And I'm grateful too for all those who "hold the doors" and help me through life...either by their patience, kindness, ability to overlook my foibles...you name it.
I think the greatest holder of the doors is Jesus...He's always making way for me and helping me out.
No comments:
Post a Comment